“But frost, like the crystallized dreams of autumn, began to coat the clearing with its sugar glaze.”
― Victoria Steele Logue,
Things are starting to feel extra wintry over here! With frosty cold mornings, the smell of wood burning fireplaces at night and the softest blanket of snow covering the mountain tops. Is it just me or did Autumn seem way too short? Still, I’m looking forward to finding out what this PNW winter is all about!
Wishing everyone a very happy Five Things Friday! xo
Here are this week’s five things at random from Barbara Ann Kipfer’s book, 14,000 Things to be Happy About, plus a five-photo-roundup of things that made me smile this week. Read on for the link-up rules and info.
Five things to be happy about:
- redwood forests and Spanish moss
- steam rising from a cluster of casseroles
- going to sleep with a line through every item on the to-do list
- mulling spices of stick cinnamon, dried sweet orange peel, cracked nutmegs, and whole cloves
- a salmon-colored sunset
Five smiles photo-roundup:
Now it’s your turn! Check out the rules below and link-up your own posts with your Five Things to be Happy About for the week.
FIVE THINGS FRIDAY LINKUP RULES
1. Share your post with your Five Things to be Happy About for the week. Include a list, your five-photo-roundup or both! If you need a little inspiration, visit Barbara’s website and click on the big yellow Happy House for a randomly generated list of 14 things to be happy about. Refresh, repeat and be happy!
2. Link back to this site so others can get the link-up info too (you can use the button below)!
3. Comment on this post and include the URL of your Five Things Friday post, so others can visit your blog (myself included)!
4. Most importantly, visit a few other people’s blogs from the comments and leave them some motivating comment love. Let’s encourage each other – we’re in this together!
<a href=”https://gypsymoonquiltco.wordpress.com/category/five-things-friday/”><imgclass=” wp-image-3167 aligncenter” src=”https://gypsymoonquiltco.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/ftf-pink-jpg.jpg” alt=”FTF pink jpg” width=”250″ height=”250″ /></a>
*If the code doesn’t work for you, try grabbing it here.
I can’t wait to visit your blogs and see what you’re happy about this week!