“It was November–the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, deep, sad hymns of the sea, passionate wind-songs in the pines. Anne roamed through the pineland alleys in the park and, as she said, let that great sweeping wind blow the fogs out of her soul.”
― L.M. Montgomery,
Leaves are falling, fog is rising, early nights are on their way and Halloween costumes have officially been retired. I’m mixing things up this Five Things Friday and dedicating my photo-roundup to this year’s handmade Halloween costumes! 🎃👻
First up, here are this week’s five not-so-random things from Barbara Ann Kipfer’s book, 14,000 Things to be Happy About, plus a five-photo-roundup of things that made me smile this week. Read on for the link-up rules and info.
Five things to be happy about:
- the sky fading to a burning orange, the moon popping out, and eventually the thin crack of light under your door flickering to black
- guessing the pumpkin’s weight and getting it free
- buying enough candy for all the trick-or-treaters
- the Ghostbusters movies
- When chill November’s surly blast made fields and forests bare. (R. Burns)
Five smiles photo-roundup (costume edition):
This Halloween, after the littles put in their costume
demands requests, I went straight to work with the challenge of costuming a Ghostbuster and a Pumpkin.
To see my handmade Halloween costumes from previous years, click here!
Two things I did differently with costuming this year:
– zero patterns
– ZERO cost
Well technically, the buckets were $3 each making the total cost of the costumes a whopping $6! You guys, fabric hoarding really has its benefits! 😉
Bonus happy: Because Halloween wouldn’t be complete without a spooky sky view. I snapped this one during the walk up to our first house of the night.
Now it’s your turn! Check out the rules below and link-up your own posts with your Five Things to be Happy About for the week.
FIVE THINGS FRIDAY LINKUP RULES
1. Share your post with your Five Things to be Happy About for the week. Include a list, your five-photo-roundup or both! If you need a little inspiration, visit Barbara’s website and click on the big yellow Happy House for a randomly generated list of 14 things to be happy about. Refresh, repeat and be happy!
2. Link back to this site so others can get the link-up info too (you can use the button below)!
3. Comment on this post and include the URL of your Five Things Friday post, so others can visit your blog (myself included)!
4. Most importantly, visit a few other people’s blogs from the comments and leave them some motivating comment love. Let’s encourage each other – we’re in this together!
<a href=”https://gypsymoonquiltco.wordpress.com/category/five-things-friday/”><imgclass=” wp-image-3167 aligncenter” src=”https://gypsymoonquiltco.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/ftf-pink-jpg.jpg” alt=”FTF pink jpg” width=”250″ height=”250″ /></a>
*If the code doesn’t work for you, try grabbing it here.
I can’t wait to visit your blogs and see what you’re happy about this week!
P.S. The newsletter is coming! Click below to sign up and be added to the email list!