There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast.
I’ve spent a lot of time this week thinking about the tragic events that took place in Orlando on Monday. In the wake of so much sadness and destruction, it’s important to remember, especially now, that we can heal. We can stay positive and try to find peace – we can come together, send our love to others and look for what’s still good in the world.
How the quilting community can help:
The Orlando Modern Quilt Guild is collecting finished quilts and blocks for survivors and family members of the victims. MQG members and nonmembers around the world are invited to participate. More information can be found on the Orlando MQG website.
I’m dedicating this Five Things Friday to the people affected by the devastation and heartbreak surrounding #PulseOrlando.💜
Here are this week’s five things at random from Barbara Ann Kipfer’s book, 14,000 Things to be Happy About, plus a five-photo-roundup of things that made me smile this week.
Five things to be happy about:
- a smile, a sunny day, an ice cold Coca-Cola, and a best friend to share them with
- running after rainbows
- sour-cherry jam
- redwood forests and spanish moss
- reaching toward greater self-awareness, appreciation of beauty, and love of others
Five smiles photo-roundup:
FIVE THINGS FRIDAY LINKUP RULES
1. Share your post with your Five Things to be Happy About for the week. Include a list, your five-photo-roundup or both! If you need a little inspiration, visit Barbara’s website and click on the big yellow Happy House for a randomly generated list of 14 things to be happy about. Refresh, repeat and be happy!🙂
2. Link back to this site so others can get the link-up info too (you can use the button below)!
3. Comment on this post and include the URL of your Five Things Friday post, so others can visit your blog (myself included)!
4. Most importantly, visit the person’s blog who commented before you and leave them some motivating comment love. Let’s encourage each other – we’re in this together!
<a href=”https://gypsymoonquiltco.wordpress.com/2016/06/11/five-things-to-be-happy-about-five-things-friday-7-link-up/”><img class=” wp-image-3167 aligncenter” src=”https://gypsymoonquiltco.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/ftf-pink-jpg.jpg” alt=”FTF pink jpg” width=”250″ height=”250″ /></a>
*If the code doesn’t work for you, try grabbing it here.
I can’t wait to visit your blogs and see what you’re happy about this week!